School Site Council/ Charter Leadership Council
Per the provisions of our Charter Petition Document, our SSC/CLC or Leadership Council shall be composed of 4 teachers, 1 Classified Staff member, School Principal and 6 parent members. The term of office is for two years. Per the recommendation of the Innovation and Charter Schools Division, 1 parent Council member must be a board member of our PTO/Booster Club/5013C. Our Charter Leadership Council meets at least 8 times per year. All meetings are open to the public and members of the school community in accordance with the Brown Act. Meeting notices and agenda must be published at least 72 hours in advance of the meeting. All Leadership Council members must be part of at least one standing committee and participate in those committee meetings.
- Encino Charter Leadership Council responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Categorical block grant budget expenditures
- Personnel selection pursuant to District policies and procedures
- Scheduling of School events
- Determination of our school site calendar – Pursuant to District policies
- Enrollment procedures - Pursuant to District policies
- Gifted and Bilingual accountabilities
- Student conduct
- Community relations
- School operations
A meeting was held on April 20th, 2017 at 2:45pm in the Library.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
The CLC/SSC is the decision-making council for Consolidated Programs at the school site that have been developed to improve student achievement.
- The SSC shall develop and approve the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA) in consultation with all stakeholders. They receive input for decision making from other advisory councils such as the English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC) and the Gifted and Talented Program Advisory Committee.
- The SSC reviews and advises on the school’s categorical budgets and any updates to the Single Plan for Student Achievement (SPSA). Budgets are reviewed to assure that all expenditures are in line with the SPSA and reflect the instructional needs of our school population.
- The SSC meets at least 6 times per year to carry out its responsibilities
- The school will conduct an orientation and election of membership in May and June for the following school year.
- The election of officers for the CLC/SSC will be held in September of the school year.
- The SSC shall be composed of: the principal, 4 classroom teachers (elected by the teachers), 1 other staff member, and 6 parent or community representatives (elected by the parents).
All members have equal voting rights.
You are encouraged to make a difference in the governance of our school by participating in our SSC/CLC governance meetings.
The next meeting will be on October 19th at 2:45pm.
ECES CHARTER PETITION
To view our final 2012 charter petition as approved by the board, please click here.