- Our School
- Dads & Dudes
- Help & About
English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC)
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
Each school with more than 21 English learner students shall establish an elected English Learner Advisory Committee (ELAC).
- The ELAC advises the principal and staff on the school’s program for English learners.
- A representative from each school’s ELAC participates in the Local District ELAC.
- The committee makes recommendations to the School Site Council (SSC) regarding the Single Plan (SPSA) and any categorical budgets related to English Learners.
- The ELAC assists with efforts to make parents aware of the importance of regular school attendance.
- The ELAC assists in the development of the school’s language census and the school needs assessment.
- The ELAC shall be composed of parents of EL students, school staff, community members and parents of non-EL students.
The main function of both the SSC and ELAC is to improve student achievement and work to help Encino Elementary provide the highest quality education for all students.