BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAMS:
Soaring Eagles Child Care - 818-389-5506 Tuition based program on the Encino campus for before and after school care. Grades K-5 on a space available basis – applications available in the main office.
Beyond the Bell - Youth Services After school playground: A free after school supervised playground on the Encino Campus. (2:30 to 6:00) Grades 2-5 only.
EPCC - 818-788-9442 - Private after school tuition based program across the street.
STUDENT DROP OFF AND PICK-UP: It is important that all students are on the yard ready to line up when the 8:03 bell rings. PARENTS AND GUARDIANS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING THAT THEIR CHILDREN ATTEND SCHOOL DAILY FOR THE FULL EXTENT OF THE SCHOOL DAY.
Please observe parking and traffic signs during arrival and dismissal. Students may not remain on the yard unsupervised after school. The kindergarten yard and play equipment will be closed 15 minutes after the dismissal bell.
Encino Charter Elementary Morning Traffic/Parking
Each classroom should provide 6 volunteers every morning for one week (7:40 – 8:10). Proceed to the office to get orange vests and cones.
ADDISON STREET CROSSWALK
2 Volunteers should be stationed on Addison Street, 1 volunteer at the corner of Genesta and Addison. Direct all “dropoff” traffic to the Otsego “Drop-off Line” around the back of the school. Addison Street and Genesta are for parking and walking into school only, NOT DROP OFF.
- Keep people from driving thru the teacher’s parking lot.
- Make sure cones are set up at entrance and exit.
- Keep crosswalks clear and help children and parents cross safely.
- Stop people from making U-turns, 3-point turns and double parking.
- Let drivers know that what these turns are illegal and very dangerous for our children!
OTSEGO DROP OFF LANE
- 3 volunteers should be stationed at the Drop Off Lane. Place 4 orange cones out creating a lane next to the sidewalk, with the first cone starting at the parking sign.
- Have cars pull up as far as possible (past gate entrance). Stack them accordingly.
- Open car door and assist child (children) out of vehicle with backpack.
- Be friendly, a quick “Have a nice day” goes a long way for the parent, the children and you!
- Close the vehicle door and make sure the car drives off immediately. No stopping or waiting in the drop off line. It is important that this line moves quickly.
- Make sure drivers do not stop or get out of their car to let their child out. We will assist their child out of the vehicle. If they want to get out of their car they need to find somewhere else to legally and safely park.
- There are no U-turns, 3-point turns or double parking allowed.
- Let drivers know that these turns are illegal and very dangerous for our children!
Should you see parents crossing in the middle of the streets, please ask them to cross at the crosswalk. Thank you for supporting Encino Charter Elementary Parking Traffic Safety program. Our goal is to keep everyone safe. To view this school year's traffic duty roster, click here.